Benchmark is committed to developing everyone within the business so that individuals can reach their full potential. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, decisions about training and development are made irrespective of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or contracted hours. The Company recognises the importance of maintaining a committed and competent workforce and will wherever practicable encourage the development of individuals and teams, which in turn will enable our people to progress and the business to grow.
In order to meet current and future needs of the business, the Company aims to ensure the provision of learning opportunities for all our people, to gain the necessary skills and knowledge they require for the adequate and safe performance of their tasks and duties. To put this policy into practice, the Company takes a systematic approach to training and development:
- Agree and communicate the business objectives
- Provide appropriate systems for identifying training and development needs
- Plan the training and development activities
- Provide training and/or related education to enable employees to reach the required standards for their job
- Evaluate and review the effectiveness and methods of training delivered