Benchmark believes in investing in its people and so far this financial year has invested over 34 hours per employee in training and development.
T.E.A.M (Together Everyone Achieves More) Meetings were recently held to build knowledge on many issues including business performance, Health and Safety matters, EMPOWERMENT, driver performance and for senior managers on strategy, leadership and business planning.
The Company is committed to investing in its people in line with its Vision / Mission / Values.
Vision – TO BE RECOGNISED BY OUR CLIENTS AS THEIR BEST SUPPLIER AND BY OUR STAFF AS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Mission – WE ARE COMMITTED TO WORKING IN WAYS THAT ARE GOOD FOR PEOPLE AND GOOD FOR THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
- PERFORMANCE – We respect all our stakeholders’ needs and work towards delivering these, conscious of the changing environments in which we live and work.
We want to create a winning partnership for our clients and our people.
- PEOPLE AND THE PLANET – We act with honesty and integrity in all our dealings with people and the planet, striving to make a difference.
- PASSION – We are one team working towards one vision. We take pride in delivering exceptional standards of work – adding value, being flexible, proactive and going that extra mile.
Having been accredited with Investors in People Gold in 2015, it is determined to continue its investment in its people.
Quote from Jeremy Rodway- Smith, Managing Director:
“Our business is about people, investing in them is vital; to us as leaders, to our people as individuals and to company performance. These link directly to our customers and the quality of work we deliver to them and hence our business results”.
The Investors In People Platinum Award highlighted areas of excellent performance by the assessors as follows:
- the consistency of evidence
- the manner in which the Company’s Vision / Mission / Values are the driving force for the business
- the passion and enthusiasm of Benchmark people
- the quality of leadership
- the effort and passion put into employee engagement
- the intense focus given to learning and development to enable people to be the best they can for the benefit of themselves, the organisation and our customers.